- Five-Priority One：Research on Cultural Heritage
Over the next 10 years, this program will mainly focus on traditional arts and crafts, scientific archaeology, and the cognition of cultural heritage. It is planned to:
- investigate typical traditional arts and crafts;
- develop new methods of scientific investigation and preservation making use of advanced technologies in collaboration with other CAS institutes;
- reveal the scientific and technological meaning and cultural value of historical relics and heritage sites;
- carry out field work, imitative experiments and digital simulation experiments.
Scholars engaged in this program will cooperate extensively with external counterparts, and participate in national programs of the study and conservation of China’s cultural heritage.